very very good, but a diamond and
safire (sic) bracelet lasts forever."
Manz's father-in-law and business partner Charles (Carl) Bachem was a manufacturing jeweler who'd emigrated from Pforzheim to open a diamond ring factory in Newark in 1892. For "convenience of the trade," Bachem distributed his cluster heads through Maiden Lane diamond setters John C. Nordt and Gottfried Heppdin. (To this day, descendants of Nordt fabricate ring blanks for the trade.)
(Jewelers' Circular, February 1897)
1920s diamond ring, marked Gillot & Co, engraved with stylized fleur de lys along shank and laurel leaves on prongs. Paul Gillot—a former design associate with Marcus &—frequently purchased mountings from Manz's studio
Copyright © 2014 | All Rights Reserved
GUSTAV MANZ LLC